University of Warwick, December 7th-12th, 2000
EDGE Conference on Analytic Approaches
to Kähler Geometry
Organisers: Mark Gross & Mario Micallef
Thursday 7th December 2000 - Lecture Room MI 2
- 2:00 pm Dominic Joyce, Oxford University - Singularities of special Lagrangian fibrations and the SYZ conjecture.
- 4:00 pm Philip Candelas, Oxford University - Calabi-Yau manifolds over finite fields
Friday 8th December 2000 - Lecture Room MI 1
- 11 am, Nigel Hitchin, Oxford University - Invariant functionals on differential forms
- 12 pm, Richard Thomas, Oxford and Imperial - More Lagrangians and special Lagrangians
- 2 pm, Diego Matessi, University of Warwick - Some families of special Lagrangian tori
- 4 pm, MI2 Colloquium Adrien Kent, Cambridge - Recent Developments in Quantum Cryptography
Saturday 9th December 2000 - Lecture Room MI 2
- 9:30, Ron Donagi, University of Pennsylvania - On genus one fibrations, gerbes, and mirror symmetry
- 11:00 TBA
- 2:00 pm Ludmil Kartzarkov, University of California, Irvine - Algebra-Geometric methods in Symplectic Geometry
- 4:00 pm Tony Pantev, University of Pennsylvania - Density of monodromy actions on non-abelian cohomology.
Sunday 10th December 2000 talks TBA, we might want to have a free day for sight-seeing.
Monday 11th December 2000 - Lecture Room MI 2
- 9:30 am, Alexei Kovalev, University of Edinburgh - New construction of compact Riemannian 7-manifolds with special holonomy
- 11:00 am, Yongbin Ruan, University of Wisconsin - Stringy geometry and topology of orbifolds
- 2:00 pm, Pelham Wilson, University of Cambridge - Large Complex Structure Limits of K3 surfaces
- 4:00 pm, TBA
This conference is partially supported by The European Contract Human Potential Programme, Research Training Network HPRN-CT-2000-00101